The NHS Global Fellowship team offers three types of Fellowships
For our Quality Improvement Fellowships, please see our ‘Quality Improvement Fellowships’ page. For our Research Fellowships, please see our ‘Research Fellowships’ page. For our Clinical Fellowships eligibility criteria, please see our ‘Clinical Fellowships’ page.
We welcome applications from all disciplines – clinical and non clinical. We strongly encourage applications from across the NHS in England, including staff who have family/cultural heritage in the countries we partner with and those who undertook their professional education in one of our partner countries.
Our general requirements include the following, and some of our Fellowships have more specific eligibility criteria, so please ensure you review these ahead of applying.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the NHS
- Currently employed within the NHS in England
- Relevant professional qualification and registration if applicable
- Doctors and Dentists must have completed Foundation Year 2
- Have a clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Be able to commence a Fellowship in accordance with the bi-annual intakes (February and August) and commit to the full six or twelve month duration
What do we offer?
Fellows going abroad will benefit from the following:
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses
- One return flight to partner country
- Required entry visa and/or residency/work permit
- Required vaccinations and anti-malarials
- Accomodation in a shared house with other volunteers
- Personal accident and business travel insurance
- Transport to and from the workplace, which may include a hire car
- Pro rata annual leave plus in country public holidays
How to apply?
While the NHS reprioritises funding in line with updated financial planning, it has paused the NHS Global Fellowship programme as part of freeze on new expenditure. This means that we are not currently recruiting to NHS Global Fellowships but are hoping to resume the programme as soon as possible. We will update our mailing list and website with any key recruitment updates. To join our mailing list please contact email@example.com
A comprehensive list of frequently asked questions can be found on our FAQs page.
For more specific questions about the Fellowship programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org